Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'VE BECOME OBSESSED.....

with the movie "Hairspray" (the musical.....not the first one). Here's the official movie trailer for it. It came out last summer; and, yes, that's John Travolta playing the part of a woman. (I thought he did a rather good job, myself.)


I think the whole movie is very entertaining and the music and dancing are awesome. Another one of those Broadway plays made into a movie that I'd love to see ON Broadway. Oh, well.....one of these days, maybe *shrugs*.
(Turn your speakers on and click on the triangle.)
Now, I wasn't quite as old as those teenagers in 1962; but, I WAS old enough that I couldn't wait to BE that old. I was 10 and counting the YEARS until I could drive.....lol.....and the really scary part is that I remember the hairdos, ratted with headbands and those dopey little clip-on, fake suede bows, and clothing styles, sailor blouses and pleated, plaid skirts and dresses. I think that's part of the charm of the movie for me.

No comments: