Wednesday, October 29, 2008

OK, THE EXPERIMENT.....

has run its rather abbreviated course. I thought it would last longer than this; but, Butch is more particular than I had first thought. Now, I've watched Butch over the years and he'll lie down on almost anything that isn't moving. (That's another post.) There are times when I'm folding towels and he'll lie down on one before I can get the next one folded and stacked. Or there will be one on the bed and he'll lie down on it even if it's practically hanging off the edge. So.....I decided to see what his height limit was. Number one was easy.




He hopped up on this first towel almost before I could get my hands off of it.


Number two towel was nearly as easy. He just didn't go to the trouble of actually getting fully up on top of both of them.



But, as you can see, he looks pretty darned comfortable.


Then came number three towel.



Again, he made a valiant attempt to situate himself as far on top as he was willing to exert the energy for.


So, I decided to throw another towel on the pile. That's where Butch drew the line. Three seems to be his limit. He didn't even get close enough to sniff them to see if they were warm.


HOWEVER,



Tony was more than willing to lie on the four-towel tower!

3 comments:

Shannon Walton Biggs said...

Oh my, this is hilarious! Love the twist at the end, great.

Anonymous said...

But how high is too high for Tony?

Nana said...

That's a whole different experiment.