Thursday, March 4, 2010

I WAS IN BLOOMINGTON.....

the other day; and, as I left town, I passed a business that had a sign out by the highway advertising some of their wares: Fruit Jam, Gourmet Chocolate, Amish Popcorn. I did a double-take. Amish Popcorn? What makes popcorn Amish? I googled "amish popcorn" images. I didn't really find anything about "amish popcorn"; but, I found a lot of stuff that said "Amish COUNTRY Popcorn". I found this image on Flickr. The caption read "Amish Country Popcorn - Yum!" I don't know what that extra stuff is in there; and, it didn't say what it was anywhere on that page.

So, I still don't know what makes popcorn "Amish". The fact that it was grown by an Amish farmer? The kind of pot it was popped in? The oil.....the salt? Or perhaps the fact that they didn't wash it before they packaged it made it possible to classify it as "Amish". Did they mix it with a bit of road apple before it was popped? After? *shrugs* I dunno.....'tis a mystery to me. But I can tell you this - the next time I'm past there, I'm going to stop in and find out. I'll let y'all know.

3 comments:

herc said...

Road apples....lol...how many people are gonna know what that is?

Nana said...

Prolly just you and Shan.

Shannon Walton Biggs said...

Yup.........just getting ready to post that I knew what you were talking about. ;-)