Monday, June 23, 2008

I WAS SO INTRIGUED.....

by the prairie dogs in Borger. A prairie dog, basically, looks like a giant chipmunk. As a matter of fact, when I showed these pictures to Tylie the other day, that's exactly what she called them. Anyway, they were cute to watch and fairly cooperative when I tried to take their pictures. In the next to the last picture, it looks like a momma and a baby. I took that photo and turned my head. When I looked back, there were TWO babies. So, I took another picture.
UPDATE: I just remembered.....my dad's "handle" was Prairie Dog back when CB radios were all the rage and everyone, not just the semi drivers, had one in their vehicle. Some people (my father-in-law) even had one in their home. Actually, when you think about it, they were the equivalent of cell phones today. Everybody had one and they were always talking to someone on it. Only, you couldn't talk to anyone anywhere in the world who had one; you had to talk to someone who was within the "range" (usually 5-10 miles, or so, I think) of your radio. (Yes, I had one, too. My handle was Movie Star because I wore big sunglasses.)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they taste like chicken.