Sunday, December 27, 2009

YEA!! YAHOOOOO!! YIPPEEEEEEEE!!!.....

only FOUR more days until we are in the air and on our way to the great state of Washington.....the Pacific Northwest.....the Left Coast!! Daughter and family didn't get to come back to Indiana for Christmas; so, we are going out there on New Year's eve for a week. They have made plans for us to travel up to Whistler, B.C. in Canada. Now, Whistler is a touristy kinda town a couple of hours north of Vancouver (which is about 30 minutes from where Daughter lives). People go there to ski and skate and do all manner of wintery-type activities. WE are going to go "tubing". (I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with rivers or whitewater or bathing suits.) Well, 'round here, we're not too big on winter sports; so, we have nothing to keep our fingers and toes and tushies warm and cozy. Tony kinda does because he works sorta outside during the winter. But I needed some serious cold-weather gear. Tony and I went to Clarksville this weekend and I got some AWEsome stuff. Dick's Sporting Goods and the Pro Bass Shop had just the things we needed. Not only will I be keeping warm, I might even manage to look cool. (No, not the kind of cool where the snot dripping out of your nose turns into an icicle but the good kind.) Take a look!!

What you see there is a toboggan on the shoulder of the coat, the waterproof coat, waterproof boots (which came from a different store than the coat but match perfectly.....BONUS!), some nifty socks (which I expect to keep my toes toasty) and my waterproof gloves. The coat and boots were on sale! You might have noticed that I don't have any waterproof pants. I figure if I can keep the majority of my self warm and dry, I'll never notice a numb butt. Besides, that's where most of my fat is and everyone knows fat is a good insulator!.................We are also going to go see some of the Olympic game venues in Whistler and Vancouver. Whistler is where they are going to hold all the outdoor events; and, the indoor ones will be in Vancouver. (I think) Pictures of the wonderful tubing adventure to come later!

4 comments:

Shannon Walton Biggs said...

We love, love, love the coat, hats and boots! We're all pretty much geared up here too. I still have to find some boots, but that's about it. Fun, fun! We are excited!!

herc said...

I definitely want to see pics of Ma n Pa on a tube. Preferably at the same time. hehehehe

Shannon Walton Biggs said...

I'll try to accommodate the picture request, however, I'm not sure that scenario will be possible. I'm taking my video camera as well, so we might get some good video too.

herc said...

Videos? May be a $10,000 winner in there.