Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I'VE BEEN THINKING OF CHRISTMASES PAST.....

My BEST Christmas memory EVER was the year I fooled the kids Big Time. And they weren't small.....daughter was in college and son was in jr. high. I had taken all of their Christmas gifts to my work place and wrapped them individually. Then I put them all in one big box. BUT.....I put a tag on that big box that said it was for my dad. I brought it home and had son carry it into the house. In the meantime, I had written several short poems to help them find their gifts. The first one was in a small box with both their names on it. They were supposed to work together to find the next clue by reading the one they had. As I recall, I had written probably six or seven clues which took them all over the house in their pursuit of Christmas. The final clue was hidden in the Christmas tree and told them that the present they thought was for my dad was really for them. I'd be willing to bet that they would tell you that that was their best Christmas memory ever, as well.

No comments: