Monday, April 21, 2008

I'VE GOT SO MANY PICTURES.....

of people (the ones with whom I've been spending my time) and places here in Borger. Unfortunately, I didn't bring the software to put on Shannon's computer that I need to upload the pictures from my camera. Suffice it to say that I will be blogging quite a bit when I get back home and can get my pictures on the blog. I'm more than half way through my babysitting gig and I'd have to say we've done pretty well. We haven't been late for school, either going or coming; we were on time for ballet class last Thursday and the birthday party on Friday; we did cut it close yesterday when we went to the movie (go see "Nim's Island" if you haven't already.....it's an outstanding film) but who wants to sit in the dark listening to THEIR music while you wait on the show to start.....NOT US.....so we arrived just in the nick of time. There have been no major medical emergencies (thank goodness) and only one minor blood-letting (Hannah got a little over-enthusiastic with her pit-tickling and scratched Kristin's arm). Everyone has been going to bed when I say with only (what I consider to be) normal amounts of whining. Hannah has only asked for her mother once a day, usually around bedtime and mostly to have something to say, I think. It's been good to be here for this length of time with just them. Tony and I don't get to spend as much time with our little Texans as we'd like. I won't be able to call them that much longer. What do you call people from Washington State? Is it badgers? Or is that Wisconsin? I'll have to research that. If you know, write a comment. You know, people from Indiana aren't called Indianans or Indianians.....we're Hoosiers. (And I'll bet you didn't know that in Missouri hoosier = redneck. It's a generic word. I'm almost POSITIVE there are a lot of "hoosiers" living in Missouri.) Well, Kristin is at school and Hannah is asking for a movie. (OH! Another really good movie is "Enchanted".....now THERE is an excellent movie!!) I'd better go see what I can find that will suit her.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I always laugh so hard when hann extends her forefingers and says, "I'm gonna get yourwah pitties, aunt wah!" :=)

hope you are blessed, Judy.

Nana said...

How could I be anything but, Aunt Wah?